Suspension strut mounts and coil spring assemblies come as all-in-one units that you can use to easily replace your worn out struts and springs. Suspension struts act as a shock absorber while being able to support sideways weight not on its axis of compression. The coil spring allows for contact between two or more surfaces. The spring absorbs force or any other type of pressure in order to prevent any type of collapse within the car. These parts are vital parts of your suspension system.
When should I replace my suspension strut and coil spring assembly?
You may notice that your car has a lot of sway to it when you’re driving down the road. You may also notice that, when you accelerate, the vehicle pitches upward and that the front of your car dives when you hit the brakes.
What happens if I don’t?
Your handling will be greatly compromised, particularly when accelerating or braking. You’ll also likely have problems with bottoming out on bumps and rough roads.
How to do it: Replacing your Suspension Strut and Coil Spring Assembly:
- Jack the car up and secure it with jack stands on the end that needs the struts replaced. Replace them in pairs.
- Remove the tire and the wheel.
- Remove the lug nuts that hold the strut in place inside the engine compartment or trunk. DO NOT REMOVE THE CENTER LUG.
- Go underneath the car again and remove the lugs that hold the assembly to the frame.
- Remove the entire assembly from the car.
- Replace the assembly with the new one.
- Screw in the top nuts.
- Screw in the bottom nuts.
- Torque both down to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Replace the wheel, tire and any other parts you had to remove.
You may have to remove the brakes to do this repair on some vehicles. Be sure you check your owner’s manual to see if this is the case.
Anything else I need to know?
For some vehicles, you may need to remove some ancillary parts to get to the Suspension Struts and Coil Spring Assemblies, so be prepared for that. If you run into problems with that process, you may need to do some research to get instructions that are specific to your vehicle.
Replacing your struts can cut down on wear and tear on the other parts of your suspension system. The live support (live link) personnel at Car Parts Kings can help you to find everything else you need to keep your car’s suspension in good shape and your car handling properly.
Select your discounted Suspension Tie Rod End replacement online from Car Part Kings for fast shipping, Live Support and great prices.