Differential Pinion Bearing Set Replacement: Get Them Discounted Online
What is a Differential Pinion Bearing Set and what does it do?
The differential on your truck or other rear wheel drive vehicle is what turns the drive wheels. To do that, the transmission has to send power back to the differential via the driveshaft
. Obviously, the shaft alone can’t do this. The driveshaft connects with the front of the differential (the narrow, tapered end), which is called the pinion. Within that section, there are several bearings that can wear over time and eventually need replacement.
When should I replace my Differential Pinion Bearing Set?
Pinpointing when bearings
will fail is impossible to do, but if you've noticed a roaring sound from the differential, chances are good that you need to invest in a discount differential pinion bearing set. Replacing those bearings ensures that you’re not caught out on the road when disaster strikes.
What happens if I don’t?
If you choose not to buy a differential pinion bearing set replacement, you might not notice anything immediately. Bearings can sometimes go for a very long time before they fail completely. However, they will eventually fail, and when they do, your driveshaft will not be able to turn the differential. The stress and strain from trying to turn the differential may actually be enough to damage the driveshaft or the transmission, which leads to even greater costs. If you’re sure that your differential pinion bearing set is beginning to fail, it’s wise to replace it as soon as possible.
How to do it: Replacing your Differential Pinion Bearing Set
- Verify you have the correct differential pinion bearing set replacement for your vehicle.
- Raise the rear of the vehicle off the ground (raising the entire vehicle is recommended).
- Disconnect the driveshaft from the pinion flange and then support the driveshaft, or remove it completely.
- Disassemble the pinion section of the differential by removing the flange, then the pinion bearing. (Note: it may be necessary to remove the differential from the vehicle completely to do this).
- Remove the two differential pinion bearings and the spacer.
- Clean the splines on the shaft and check for debris from failed bearings.
- Install the differential pinion bearing set replacement in the reverse order of old bearing removal.
- Reassemble the differential.
- Add gear lube if the differential is low.
- Reconnect the driveshaft.
- Lower vehicle and test drive to verify the symptoms are gone.
Anything else I need to know?
For some vehicles, you may need to remove some ancillary parts to get to the Differential Pinion Bearing Set Replacement, so be prepared for that. If you run into problems with that process, you may need to do some research to get instructions that are specific to your vehicle.
Select your discounted Differential Pinion Bearing Set Replacement online from Car Part Kings for fa st shipping, Live Support and great prices.