Car window regulators are the parts on vehicles with automatic widows that actually raise and lower the window when you push the appropriate button. These parts are responsible for converting the rotary motion of the motor to which they are attached to the vertical movement that raises or lowers the window. On manual windows, they are mechanical devices that are easily replaced.
When should I replace my Window Regulators?
This depends upon which type of regulator you have. If you are cranking
your window and it doesn’t raise, the manual regulator is likely the cause. If you have an automatic regulator
, troubleshooting is more involved.
For automatic regulators, depress the button and listen for the sound of the motor running. If you hear a grinding or skipping noise, the regulator may need to be replaced. To confirm this, you can remove the door panel and look for obvious signs of damage, such as broken plastic parts or a window that has slipped out of its mountings. If there are no other reasons that the window won’t raise, it’s likely that the manual window regulator or electrical window regulator does need to be replaced.
What happens if I don’t?
Your window will either be stuck closed, open or somewhere in between.
How to do it: Replacing Your Wheel Bearing and Race Set:
This is a complex endeavor. Be sure you’re up to the challenge and that you have the appropriate tools.
- Remove the door panel from your car. This is usually done by removing the handles and their trim first and then removing the actual panel.
- Keep track of all the screws when you do this.
- Be sure you’re not exerting any force on cables when doing so and remove the door panel by pulling it away from the door.
- Return the window to the closed position and tape it in place with masking tape wound over the corners of the door.
- Located the window regulator assembly and detach the wiring, then the bolts that mount it.
- Install and wire in your new power window regulator (elevalunas) replacement.
- Reassemble the door and test for proper function. Make sure the windows regulator works properly.
Anything else I need to know?
If you need extra tools, you can find them here! Our Live Support
team can help you select a regulator.
Buy your Window Regulator replacements online from Car Part Kings for fast shipping, live customer support and discounted prices.