Trunk lid lift supports are devices that assist in lifting your trunk and that ensure that it lifts at the proper arc for your vehicle. They are important safety features for your vehicle and for you personally.
When should I replace my Trunk Lift Support?
Any time you feel that your trunk is opening too easily or that it requires too much effort, truck lid lift supports may be the culprits. If your trunk swings out of its proper alignment, the trunk lid lift supports are likely to blame, as well.
What happens if I don’t?
Your trunk will eventually likely get damaged by being opened improperly. In some cases, it may be completely impossible to open your trunk. The problems that bad trunk lid lift supports cause will tend to get worse over time. These are inexpensive parts and the repair is very simple, making it sensible to purchase new parts and replace them as soon as you detect an issue.
How to do it: Replacing Your Trunk Lid Lift Support:
This repair is best performed with the assistance of a friend, who can ensure that the trunk does not close on you during the process.
- Raise the trunk of your vehicle.
- Have a friend hold it open or secure it otherwise.
- Check the fastener ends on your trunk lift supports.
- Remove the first support, being certain to save any reusable parts.
- Install the new trunk lid support, securing it in place with any bolts or bushings that you can reuse.
- Check the trunk to make certain that the lid opens without any resistance and that it swings in the proper arc.
Anything else I need to know?
Every vehicle requires different trunk lid support struts and these devices are typically not interchangeable, even between vehicles made by the same manufacturer. Contact our Live Support
and they can make sure you get the right ones for your vehicle.
Buy your Trunk Lid Lift Support replacements online from Car Part Kings for fast shipping, live customer support and discounted prices.